Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Interview with an athlete


 

            Most people think that sports are just a waste of time, but it’s totally the opposite, sports can stimulate the brain with problem solving and hard concentration. Sports have also an important role in the agility of the body and help to keep us healthy! That’s why I decided to condinterview with a person who is passionate about sport.

        JaouadChakir is a young person .He is 19 .He is a student is the first year in Samlalia university .he is honest,modest,helpful, friendly and so humorous, and he is crazy about sports, especially taekwondo. Here’s the interview with this gifted young athlete

  • Jaouad! can you first tell us what is the meaning of Taekwondo ?

   Of course, So taekwondo is a sport which appeared in the south of Korea. It’s one of the Martial Arts and it’s dividedinto three words, "tae" ,"kwon" and "do" , the first one means directing the hit by leg , the second by hand and the last one means the methodology taken in the way of thinking. 

  •      When and where did you start doing taekwondo?

     I started since 2003 when I was 10 years old, it’s about ten years ago in Salam association and my coach is Mr. AbdellahTanda .

  •  How many championships did you participate in ?

    Actually, I participated in 7 regional championships and 4 nationalones.

  •  How many did you win?

       I won 4 regional ones in 38 kg, 40 kg,51 kg and 54 kg.
  •               How many tournaments did you participate in ?
        I participated in several tournaments and I won a lot of them.
  •            And which one did you like most?
    I really prefer the one of ksar Souk in Errachidia city. I won the copper medal and it was the hardest one I participated in during my life
  •         What is the belt that you have now?
I have the black one I got it three years ago.
  •       Who encouraged you to reach this level?
     Actually, my parents have encouraged me since I was a kid to practice this sport until I reached this level. My dad always accompanied me to any official competition and also my coach helped me a lot and he gave me pieces of advice in every situation.
  •        Why did you choose this sport?
       Because since I was a child I dreamed to do this sport. I really like it so much. I consider it a part of my life and I am addicted to it.
  •        What are you goals in this sport?
    The goal that I want to achieve in this field is to be a Champion athlete in 68 kg.
  •        Did taekwondo affect your studies?
     No, never, taekwondo helped me a lot in my studies, like with how to manage my time and to plan for my future. The proverb goes: « An intact mind is in an intact body »
  •         Jaouad!What is the message that you want to give to young people?
        I advise everyone to take care of his/her health by practicing sports, because without it, we are threatened by all types of the diseases.
         
     We got now to the end of the interview. I hope you will like it , and a special thanks to Access program which gives me the chance to improve my skills in conducting interviews.
this is one of Jaouad's combats :


















By : Nadia CHAKIR

No comments:

Post a Comment